Git svn clear stored credentials

Recently a change was made in my company in the way the SVN repositories were handled; as a result we had to change the accounts we used to access the repos

Whenever I tried pulling or pushing info into those repositories I was getting errors like :


RA layer request failed: PROPFIND request failed on '/svn/2001/ufasoli/myproject/trunk': PROPFIND of '/svn/2001/ufasoli/myproject/trunk'
: 403 Forbidden (https://internal.svn.com) at /lib/Git/SVN.pm line 717

I realized that it was because the credential information was cached locally on the machine, so the system was sending old information , the tricky part was that the old accounts allowed authentication on the repositories, they were just no longer authorized to do anything on them, so I was getting an HTTP 403 error and the system was not prompting me for a new password (since the old accounts could still log in...)

So this is how I fixed it on my windows machine:

Under your user folder you should have a folder where subversion stores cached data C:\Users\ulf\.subversion (in my case)

This folder contains an auth folder were you will normally find another 3 folders :

  • svn.simple
  • svn.ssl.server
  • svn.username

To delete the cached credentials you can delete the content of the following folders :

  • svn.simple
  • svn.ssl.server

Once this folders deleted git should prompt you again for your username/password

No comments:

Post a Comment

OSX show used ports or listening applications with their PID

On OSX you can display applications listening on a given port using the lsof the commands described below will show listening application...